Monday 4 July 2022

Monsieur F Knows Better

The weather sites I follow - one French, one Norwegian - promise rain and maybe thunderstorms.

Our neighbouring farmer, Monsieur F, on the other hand, knows better. He either has a more accurate météo site that he follows, or he has a piece of seaweed hanging in the kitchen.  Either way, he was out there last night with his tractor dragging the hose pipe down through his maize field to rig up his water canon.  

The canon has been going all night and the ditch at the side of the farm track leading down to our house is sodden. I know because I've been in it, strimming to keep it tidy. We have new guests arriving Friday.

I strim to the accompaniment of distant thunder, well to the east of us.  From the real time lightning map it looks as if those on the far side of Agen have had a noisy night.

2 comments:

  1. Thats an interesting link. I shall have to work out what it represents in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lesley - yes it is - very useful as very often storms round us either go east along the Lot or the Garonne or go north west of us through Marmande and up into Dordogne. Frustrating when I want my water butts refilled! Hope all is well.

      Delete