Just brought Tod's damp washing in because it's raining again. Wettest spring for years, if not centuries.
So, looking on the bright side ...
- the girly pink roses by the swimming pool are lasting for days
- the herbs I planted while Tod was in England three weeks ago have doubled in size
- at 22 degrees C the swimming pool is warmer than the surrounding air
- I have been in the swimming pool twice since we took the covers off
- I haven't needed to spend hours watering
- we did have a drought in January; we needed the rain and all the reservoirs are now full
- when we do get sun, we really appreciate it: we've had couple of evenings on the veranda and a day out to Mont-de-Marsan with lunch at a pavement cafe
- there was a day when I saw a white and black Swallowtail butterfly
- everywhere is lush and green
2 years ago